What is UPI? UPI stands for Unified Payments Interface. It was created by NPCI (National Payments Corporation of India) and was launched on 11th April 2016 by RBI governor Dr. Raghuram G Rajan. UPI helps in making real-time funds transfer easily to anyone’s bank account directly. All you need is a mobile application and an active internet connection.
UPI provides a single app for all bank accounts associated with a mobile number. UPI can change the way you bank if you have accounts in more than one bank. UPI provides two-factor authentication and single-click payment options that make it Easy and Safe to use.
Features of UPI
- Mpin (4 digit code like ATM pin) is required each time you are making any transaction.
- Faster SWIFT payment facility using NEFT.
- 24 hours availability even on public and bank holidays.
- Bank provides a unique payment ID called a Virtual Payment Address
- Bill sharing facility among friends and relatives.
- Directly pay to all merchants using scan and pay payment options.
Top 5 Best UPI Apps for Money Transfer in India
UPI has changed the way people bank. Now you don’t need to carry cash for buying groceries, earn reward points every time you refuel your vehicle, and Get discounts on bill payments every month using UPI. There are a lot of UPI apps available on Google Play store, Here is the list of top 5 Best UPI apps in 2020.
Also Read: 10 Free Best Keyboard For Android With Gesture Typing
Paytm is the most popular UPI app and digital wallet in India developed by One97 Communications. Paytm has more than 350Mn+ users and is available in 11 regional languages in India.
Paytm – One97 Communications Ltd.
Paytm Mobile Solutions
Why Paytm is The Best UPI App in India?
- The largest number of merchant base and most widely accepted UPI methods in India.
- Two in one solution with wallet and UPI.
- Take advantage of Paytm payments bank and directly pay using UPI.
2. Google Pay
Google Pay is loaded with lots of offers on bus booking, flight tickets, movie tickets, etc. You get rewarded for making any transaction using this app. Google pay is fast and secure But doesn’t have its own wallet.
Why is Google Pay The Best UPI App in India?
- Get great deals, offers, and scratch cards on your transactions and win exciting cashback.
- Widely used offline and online on many payment gateways.
- Users can request a payment using Google pay.
Don’t miss: How To Block And Unblock Someone On Facebook
It’s easy to manage your monthly payments using PhonePe. You also get rewards for making a transaction. Phone pay is also widely used by merchants in India because its easy to use and provides effortless payments.
PHONEPE PRIVATE LIMITED
Why PhonePe is The Best UPI App in India?
- Phonepe has its own wallet with a daily transaction limit of 10k.
- Phonepe is one of the top three market shareholders in UPI apps after Paytm and Google Pay.
4. BHIM SBI Pay
Bhim SBI Pay is developed by the State Bank of India. It’s specially designed to check Balance and making effortless payments. You can check your bank balance and perform all your net banking operations by using BHIM SBI pay. You don’t need to visit the bank, if you are using this app.
State Bank of India
To be announced
State Bank of India
Why BHIM SBI Pay is The Best UPI App in India?
- Manage Multiple virtual payment addresses.
- Access your beneficiaries from your bank account.
Mobikwik is an online payment app that also provides Mobile, DTH Recharges, Electricity bill payment, etc. Mobikwik is a great utility that saves your time in paying bills. Mobikwik also provides instant personal loans and much more.
One MobiKwik Systems Limited
One Mobikwik Systems Private Limited
Why Mobikwik is The Best UPI App in India?
- Contains an expense management tool.
- All in one banking solution that helps you to directly invest in digital gold, Mutual funds, Buy Insurance, etc.
Don’t miss: How To Make Secure Online Transactions
All the UPI apps are reliable. You must download these apps from a trusted source only. Check all the reviews and ratings before you start using any UPI app. Feel free to let us know if you have any queries in the comments.